When it comes to driving in the summer, a strong car air conditioning system is a must. Without a working A/C system to cool you down, you’re in for a very uncomfortable ride. To prevent your auto air conditioning system from breaking down, we recommend taking your car to BG Mobile Mechanic for A/C inspection and maintenance before things heat up.
Here are the 5 most common auto A/C problems that occur:
- AC Leak - Your car gets cooled and eliminates heat due to a chemical refrigerant, or freon. This gas flows throughout the A/C system. Over time, it can leak due to wear and tear on rubber seals. When you bring your car to us with this problem, our technicians can locate the leak and refill your car with freon.
- Broken Evaporator - The evaporator is in charge of absorbing heat during the cooling process. When it becomes damaged, a replacement is typically necessary.
- Damaged Compressor - The compressor is necessary to pump the refrigerant throughout the A/C system. When it loses this ability, you may not feel cool air at all. We can replace your compressor at BG Mobile Mechanic.
- Smelly Air - If you’ve ever caught a mildew smell in your car, it is most likely coming from your A/C system. Over time, the filter can collect dirt, debris, and excess moisture. When it gets clogged with nasty pollutants, it can emit an unpleasant smell.
- Worn Belts - Your car’s air conditioning system has belts and pulleys that connect to the main engine. These belts can wear out over time and will require a replacement.
For all your auto air conditioning needs this summer, we invite you to BG Mobile Mechanic in Bowling Green, KY.